- Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 07:00 PM
- Royal Canadian Legion, Elora
- 23 people are going
The Middlebrook well is delayed …. but not denied.
In November the Ontario government announced a moratorium that delayed consideration of Nestlé’s application for a new well in Middlebrook until 2018. At the same time the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change began a review of the regulations that govern permits to take water.
On Friday April 21 the Ministry of the Environment quietly released new guidelines about the permit to take water process. Our analysis of these new guidelines leads us to believe that there is nothing ‘new’ in these guidelines that would stop approval of a new well in Middlebrook.
This means we must demand that Premier Wynne announce a bold new policy to phase out, within ten years, permits to take water for bottling in Ontario.
SaveOurWater.CA has been working with Wellington Water Watchers to Say No To Nestle. Their fight to stop renewal of applications for wells in Aberfoyle and Hillsburgh and our fight to stop Middlebrook – is the same fight.
We are entering a critical stage in the campaign to stop the Middlebrook well …. And we need you. We are inviting you to an important meeting on Wednesday May 31 at the Elora Legion in the club room at 7pm.
At this meeting we will
- tell you more about the new guidelines for permits to take water
- show you how inadequate the new guidelines are
- tell you how you can be involved in the campaign to stop Middlebrook by demanding Premier Wynne announce a new policy to phase out permits to bottle water
You can RSVP for the event here. Hope to see you there!